Information provided by Craig Nolan (Essex county VFW board member)
– In December, the trapping petition response to extend otter trapping to the end of beaver trapping season and to change the muskrat colony trap check times to three calendar days, like other under water or under ice traps, passed on the first vote.
– At the January board meeting the following changes to the fish rule were proposed
– Fish rule proposed changes (:§ 122, § 123, § 107, and § 109) – Fish and Wildlife Department
– Dog and Little Rivers;
– Overview of all regulations: Missisquoi changes, snagging, immediate controll, commercial fishing
– Commercial fishing data from fish buyer reports as needed for context/ background
– Spearguns, spearing and cull fish, § 107 & § 109
– Clyde River rule changes
– Fish biologist workgroup in response to petition for Seymour and Little Averill
– The Moose Season recommendation will be presented to the board by Moose Project Leader, Cedric Alexander, for the first vote of the Feb. 22 meeting.
– The Deer Season recommendation will be presented to the board by Deer Project Leader, Nicholas Fortin, for a first vote at the April 26 meeting.
– Deer and Moose Hearings will be held in mid to late March. We will post dates, times and locations when they become available.
Find addtional information at http://www.vtfishandwildlife.com/about_us/fish_and_wildlife_board/board_rules